File-Express: File Sharing Service
Current System Usage:
Current space: 150 GB
Current usage: 110.1 GB
Introduction: File-Express: File Sharing Service has been implemented to meet the continually growing demands of the UF community. This service allows any individuals with UF Gatorlink accounts to exchange files that may be too large, or otherwise blocked by, traditional e-mail methods. Using a secure server and the Gatorlink Authentication system, users can easily share files with members of both the UF and Non-UF community.
File-Express folder vs. SharePoint
University of Florida allows for internal file sharing through a variety of methods including e-mail and other networking options. Many UF units on campus also have SharePoint access. Please refer to the chart below for clarification on when a File-Express folder should be used for file-transfers.
|File Content||Personal & Corporate||Exclusively Corporate|
|Accessibility||Internal & External Associations||Internal Corporate Associations only|
|Main Purpose||Transfer of Completed Files||Collaboration Tool|
|File Size||Unlimited number of files of no more than 5GB each||Unlimited number of files of no more than 1GB each|
|Folder Creation||Unlimited, created by individual user.||Created by administrative personnel, privileged access required.|
A File-Express folder creator will specify various settings, including accessibility requirements and e-mail addresses of individuals meant to access uploaded files. File-Express: File Sharing Service will send notifications based on these settings choosen. These notifications include email messages to:
- The folder creator: whenever a File-Express folder is created and/or modified so the creator can share the URL.
- The folder creator: whenever a File-Express folder is accessed so the creator knows that files have been downloaded.
- A list of folder users: a File-Express folder can email users that files have been uploaded by the creator for download.
- A non-UF uploader: a File-Express folder will email that a folder has been created so that a non-UF user can upload files.
- Total available disk space: 150 GB
- Maximum single file size: 5GB
- Default expiration length: 1 day(s)
- Maximum expiration length: 5 day(s)